Life-long Learning Standards
Students will be collaborative workers who:
- Define and work toward achievement of group goals.
- Use interpersonal skills effectively
- Acknowledge the opinions and contributions of others.
- Perform a variety of roles within a group.
Students will be self-directed learners who:
- Prioritize, evaluate and adjust personal actions affecting well-being.
- Manage time efficiently.
- Manage personal resources; e.g., money and property.
Students will be participants in society who:
- Actively and positively contribute to a community (including the classroom).
- Take responsibility for their actions.
- Understand social issues and respect different points of view.
Students will be information processors who:
- Use a variety of resources and techniques to gather information.
- Adapt to new ideas and changing technologies.
- Identify and select the appropriate resources and technologies for given tasks.
Students will be effective communicators who:
- Speak clearly and correctly to a variety of audiences.
- Read for understanding, listen actively and ask clarifying questions.
- Express thoughts and convey information in correct written form.
- Use the most appropriate medium to present information.
Students will be complex thinkers who:
- Identify and solve problems in a variety of settings.
- Make decisions reasonably, logically, and flexibly.
- Recognize choices in applying ideas and concepts.