Burnett Elementary School
November 20, 21, 22, 25, & 26 are MINIMUM DAYS and Parent-Teacher Conferences!
- TK students all attend 8-11:20.
- Kinder students are released at 12:30.
- 1st-6th grade students are released at 1:00.
- K-6 students will eat lunch at school.
There is no school November 27-29 in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
Jack Emery Food Drive
Hello Burnett Families,
Last week, you should have received a flyer about the Jack Emery Food Drive.
Our school participates with all other MUSD schools every year in this opportunity to help out our community. Please see details below:
- We are collecting cans and cash from TODAY (11/18) through December 11th.
- Our school goal is to collect 1,000 cans and $1,000 in cash.
- Canned or boxed goods must be unopened and the expiration date cannot have passed. All items must be non-perishable and cannot require refrigeration. Examples of acceptable donations are:
- Canned soups
- Dry starches (ie. rice, noodles, beans, etc.)
- Canned starches (ie. beans, spaghetti, ravioli, etc.)
- Canned vegetables
- Desserts (ie. boxed pudding mix, cake mix, boxes of Jell-O, etc.)
- Dairy & Juices (ie. dried milk, canned milk, non-dairy milk, canned juice, etc.)
- Baby Food
- Candy/Sweets (ie. gum, wrapped candy, etc.)
- Pet food
- Toys (only new and unwrapped)
We appreciate your help and your support of this great opportunity! Please see your child's teacher if you have questions.
Ms. Asrat & Burnett Student Council
MUSD Timeline of Action Since 10/31/19
"In the days since the blackface incident on 10/31/19, we have been focused on high school students, staff, and parents while thinking about how to include our entire district community in healing and then strengthening cultural sustainability. The linked document MUSD Action Timeline Since 10.31.19 is both a running record of actions as well as plans for our work in the days and months ahead."
-Cheryl Jordan, Superintendent of MUSD
help get burnett 6th graders to science camp
We are raffling off a quilt to make money for Science Camp scholarships. The quilt was donated by Lynn Lafayette and Ardeen Mettee. Quilting was done by Dee Small.
Burnett Roses is made in colors of Burnett blue, ivory and red. It features roses on royal blue fabrics, and measures 75”x 75”. The quilt is on display in Burnett’s office. (See attached picture.)
The raffle will take place before Winter Break. You may purchase raffle tickets for $5.00 each or 7 tickets for $20. If you would like to purchase raffle tickets, please send a check to Burnett School (attention: Julie Wells). We will fill out the tickets for you and put them in the raffle jar.
The winner will be notified by phone by December 19th.
Burnett Elementary School
400 Fanyon Street | Milpitas, CA 95035 | P: (408) 635-2650 F: (408) 635-2655