Burnett Elementary School
ENROLLMENT INFORMATION: New students only!
If you need to enroll a new student for school in the 2020-2021 school year, please see the direction sheet to the right for online enrollment guidance.
More information can be found on the district website.
Message from Ms. Asrat: Friday, May 29, 2020
Hello Burnett Families!
We've completed 10 weeks of Educate Everywhere (according to the number of Parent Square Posts I've sent.....according to the count I just did on the calendar, it should actually be 11 weeks......so, take your pick!)!!
Your children have worked hard to complete work independently. You have worked hard to help make teachers' lesson plans come to life. Our teachers and staff have worked harder than ever to deliver meaningful online instruction and to stay connected with students. I am so very proud of each and every one of you.
4 more days, everyone - let's make 'em count!
We've got quite a few announcements today.
- There is ONE MORE DAY to shop our virtual book fair. Shopping closes tomorrow, May 30th!
- Speaking of books and reading, check out the great summer programming the public library is sponsoring! The summer reading program officially starts MONDAY!
- Young Art, the company that offered the free art class a few weeks ago, is offering a hefty discount for their summer programs. More information can be found here.
- Our Yearbook company, Jostens, is offering digital yearbook signing. Check out more information here.
- Speaking of yearbooks, if you ordered a yearbook a few weeks ago and paid through PayPal, be on the lookout for an email next week. We're hoping the yearbooks will arrive next Wednesday and we can distribute them next Thursday or Friday - stay tuned!
- JK Rowling, author of the Harry Potter series, has a new story for kids which is being released a chapter at a time on this website. Check it out! Also - there is an illustration competition for the story! More information can be found on the website!
- Speaking of great books, Mrs. Lacey asked me to share this link, which takes you to actors reading aloud Roald Dahl's James and the Giant Peach (one of my favorites!). Check it out!
- And another great read aloud! Michelle Obama, former first lady, read Can I Be Your Dog? (Remember that one, from the California Young Reader's Medal?) How cool!
- SPEAKING OF THE CALIFORNIA YOUNG READER'S MEDAL......the Burnett winners are (drumroll please):
- The Legend of Rock Paper Scissors AND Malala's Magic Pencil! We'll be sending our votes in to the CYRM people so they can be tallied with everyone else's in California!
Alright, I've saved the best announcements for last:
- First, our Talent Show will go LIVE on Monday morning at 9 am. Stay tuned this weekend for the link from Mr. Kennedy!
- Second, we are doing another Staff Car Parade on WEDNESDAY, JUNE 3RD beginning at 10 AM. The route is here. It's a bit shorter than last time. If we're not driving by your house, you're welcome to park along the route so you can wave and cheer with us! We're excited to see you all again!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
A Virtual Book Fair is coming to Burnett: May 17-30!
Burnett Elementary School
400 Fanyon Street | Milpitas, CA 95035 | P: (408) 635-2650 F: (408) 635-2655